Saturday, June 24, 2006

Round of 16 predictions

Germany v. Sweden - This one is a toss up for me, but I think Germany will come out on top.

Argentina v. Mexico - Argentina by 2.

Italy v. Australia - Italy

Switzerland v. Ukraine - Neither team is really a powerhouse. It could go either way. Let's say Ukraine, just for fun.

England vs. Ecuador - England should take it by at least 2 or 3 goals.

Portugal vs. Netherlands - On paper, the Dutch should have this one, but they haven't impressed me much so far. It may be close, but I'll still say the Netherlands will win though.

Brazil vs. Ghana - Brazil hasn't been playing their best either, but they should take Ghana easily.

Spain vs. France - Frace has basically tanked since winning the Euro Cup in 2000. Spain should win.

7 comments:

dthuss said...

we should have added water and paste to the paper so that the Dutch could have stood up and done something. Very disappointing

bizarro said...

I don't understand why van Basten didn't sub in van Nistelrooij as the 2nd or 3rd sub. Stupid Kuijt missed 3 good chances that van Nistelrooij would've had in the bag.

dthuss said...

he's your finisher for a reason... obviously a logic lost on the coach

Jordie Gomez said...

Kuijt is a blundering idiot manchild.

dthuss said...

Austalia was robbed today! Robbed!

dthuss said...

Had Henri not performed a horid simulation I think your last prediction would have been right. FIFA needs to take action on that kind of crap

bizarro said...

6 out of 8 isn't bad...Deep down I knew the Dutch would lose because they've not played that well but I had to keep my hopes up.